Friday 7 January 2011

Publishing the Event

As a basis of my poster I used a combination of the directors ideas, my own and the rest of my group, which we conjured up using a mind map. I also looked at posters from other shows to give me inspiration and use as a template of what should be included. I analysed many images from Google of previous “little shop of horrors“ posters and looked at the positives and negatives. Once I looked at a variety of these pieces, I incorporated what I thought went well from each to get to my own unique final product.


These posters were made in relevance to the target audience, which was family of actors, members of staff and the students that study that the school. As we were aware that much of the audience would consist of school children, I ensured the use of light vibrant colours, with intresting typography and imagery. The front needed to be large and eye catching in order for the target audience to be interested in coming to the show. The promotional side of the production is arguable the most important, as creating a production would be pointless without an audience. We also had to make sure we sold enough tickets to cover the expenses and the effort that each individual invested into making the production possible.


It was necessary to consider legal rights, as the play was not copyrighted by the school, it was already an established musical, these are the legal rights:

LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS
Book & lyrics by HOWARD ASHMAN
Music by ALAN MENKEN
Based on the film by Roger Corman Screenplay by Charles Griffith
Originally produced by the WPA Theatre (Kyle Renick, Producing Director)
Originally produced at the Orpheum Theatre, New York City, by the WPA theatre David Geffen, Cameron Mackintosh and the Shubert Organisation.
(**The following acknowledgements shall appear in a separate box or area on the production staff information page of all theatre programmes**)
LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS
was originally directed by Howard Ashman : Musical staging by Edie Cowan.

This amateur production is presented by arrangement with JOSEF WEINBERGER LTD. on behalf of MUSIC THEATRE INTERNATIONAL of NEW YORK

No comments:

Post a Comment